28 January 2009

From each according to his ability . . .

To each according to his ability.

See, that's where Marx got it wrong.

"From each according to his ability to each according to his need" only encourages people to develop needs.

My position encourages people to develop their abilities, which will lead to greater productivity, greater education, greater life satisfaction.

Of course, my way is harder. One can't sit one one's fat butt and shout out "I need my health care!" or "I need my union job!" all day long. No, under my system you actually have to go and and, oh, I don't know, DO SOMETHING.

If you wait around for someone to fill your "needs" you deserve what you get. This will include ridicule and scorn from those of us who earn our successes and get tired of leeches feeding off our life-blood.

No comments: