16 July 2009

Vacations are good things



No, that's not me. That's Jeff. But I was taking the picture, if that makes you feel better.

I went up to the Northwoods of Wisconsin. Very nice and peaceful (minus the niece and nephew). I didn't get as much fishing in as I had wanted. The mornings just didn't lend themselves to getting up at the buttcrack of dawn. We did manage to get out to a river once, where we found thousands of crayfish, but only about 3 fish. None of which we caught. The river (part of the Rainbow Flowage) was beautiful, with lots of boulders providing a picturesque landscape. But, the river flowed too slowly to crave out deep ruts and holes that could have provided shelter for smallmouth. Oh well, guess I'll just have to keep trying here in Indy!

But, I did get a few shots of eagles. There was a hunting perch where these two eagles sat, keeping an eye out for food.

That's about as good as my camera can do. Beautiful, and fun to watch. I managed to see them pluck a couple fish out of the lake. They did better than we did.

More miniature pictures coming someday. As soon as I can figure out how to work my camera again. I hid the setting notes somewhere . . . .
.

No comments: