06 April 2010

It's That Time of Year Again . . .

Time to sweat details like "how much did I spend in child care?" and "Are those underwear I donated to Goodwill really deductible?" Fear surrounds the furious calculations, because no one wants the KGB . . . er, the IRS knocking at their door. The best part? If you were to call the IRS for help, it's likely they wouldn't be able to figure out your tax bill, either.

But no matter! Because we have universal health care! That won't kick in for FOUR YEARS! But we get to pay the taxes now!

For the record, this is what the dumb-ass politicians in Washington DC have brought upon us.
This, on top of the great unemployment rate that we're enjoying, because, you know, if we DIDN'T pass that trillion-dollar crap sandwich, we'd be worse off. Because our government's track record of forecasting this stuff has proven time and again to be 100% accurate . . . .
But, in an effort to keep my sanity when the insane are running the country (into the ground), I've come up with my yearly list of "What I Bought The Federal Government." Now, if you see the roads around my house, you know I didn't buy them asphalt or concrete, because that stuff should have been used to fill in the craters that are doing their level best to destroy my truck's supsension.

No, I'm continuing the trend of supplying the United States Military with equipment. This year, I'm contributing to the FA-18 Super Hornet Fund. Now, these are the main fighter jets of the United States Navy, replacing the venerable F-14 Tomcat. The Tomcat was the jet that was the star of the movie "Top Gun," in case you're wondering. No, Tom Cruise did not star in that movie, he was second billing to the baddest-assed Cold War bird around. Anyways, the super hornet comes in at around $55 million, which means Mrs. Workshop and I are the proud contributors of . . . 0.0345% of one jet.(The blue missiles on the wingtips are training missiles, not live-fire weapons. Just so you know.)

Last year, it was 7.62mm NATO sniper rounds. This year it's part of a jet. Much better than paying Congresscritter Hank Johnson's salary.

.

1 comment:

Beavis said...

That's ok. According to the following article, only about 50% of Americans pay taxes for 100% of everybody! I'm glad the middle-class gets the shaft while lower class folks keep populating the country. Grr. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100407/ap_on_bi_ge/us_no_taxes