16 August 2009

GenCon - Day 4: It's Over

Whew! That was a fun weekend.

Minus the drunk hilljack who tried to pick a fight with me.

Total budget spent: 89%
The total was modified thanks in part to the items I had in the auction. Who knew that old D&D modules were so collectible?

I am the proud owner of several medieval buildings now. The Miniature Building Authority received a bunch of cash from me in return for several buildings. Time to start wargaming!

Darksword Miniatures continued to put out some great things, and sponsored some speedpainting competions. The miniature for the final round was Cersei, from George R.R. Martin's "A Game of Thrones." Good stuff, even if I didn't win the final round!

I managed to get in a game of Warlord, "Night of the Solstice." Very fun, with 6 players vying to complete their objectives while the townsfolk either cower or drink enough to start fighting back. The highlight was the Reven player. One of his goals was to raid the brothel for breedstock, and in order to capture the women, he had to roll anything other than mediocre. He rolled mediocre every time save one. The women fought back! And hard! I think they managed to kill 2 of this 3 orcs doing the raid. Don't mess with those women.

I also managed to pick up a dioramma - Bridge of Sorrows. This dioramma has been on my list for about 15 years, and finally I saw it and snapped it up. I have been thinking about using the new Pathfinder minis from Reaper to replace the older centaur and wizard. We'll see how that goes.

One more day off. I gotta cut the grass, get some groceries, and take care of errands that have fallen by the wayside during my time at the Convention Center.

Is it too late to start planning for next year?

1 comment:

Beavis said...

You only spent 89% of your allocated money. Let's go get drunk with the 11% you have left! j/k... maybe